Saturday, February 26, 2011

Belly Button ring

While I was in the shower this morning, I noticed that my belly button ring had fallen out. I was shocked! My first thought was that maybe this was just the universe's way of saying, "Hey, lady, your 3(ugh)5. Wake up! Belly rings are just for the young and pretty people not old ladies like you." Maybe I should just get pregnant with twins, get a minivan and give up the fight. Start going to bed at 7pm and waking up at 6am (not really so big of a stretch), going to those fabulous early bird specials and start carrying my purse every I go- including with in the house and the yard. Sigh. What's a girl to do.
But then I realized the belly ring needs to be cherished and embraced! Ok, so maybe my belly ring is a symbol of my wild and crazy 20's and no one but Jeff will probably ever see it again but, I simply can't let it go. Even when my belly and boobs have slipped down to my ankles, I will still keep that belly ring! But, maybe I should go back to the gym and Weight Watchers so I can show it off for a little while longer. Hell, maybe I can be the first 80 year old to bring belly shirts and low rise jeans.
The fight continues.

1 comment:

Roller Coaster said...

don't EVER give up the fight!!! and as for 35 being old... ahem... don't even get me started!!! i hope i set some small example of aging somewhat gracefully. even if i did drive a minivan for 9 years :P