Sunday, August 29, 2010

Poor mouse!

We had a very sad event occur at the Pratt house this morning. We were out of food (and that isn't even the sad part!) and needed to go to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast. When we got home, Mia (still on her sugar high from the munkins) found a live mouse in the drive way. She thought this was a fabulous new toy/ friend for her to play with, but I was horrified. What would a mouse be doing near our house?? It must have been completely crazy and deaf to have decided that chez Pratt was a happy home for a mouse. With an autistic cat (Anna) who enjoys swimming, our white tiger hunter who's sole hobby is eating (Zoey) and our two vicious (hahahaha) guard dogs (Mia and Abby), what would ever possess a mouse to take up residence here?? As I tried to get Mia away from the poor little guy, I really tried to explain to him that sticking around just wasn't a good idea. But, sadly, he did not listen. A short time later, I looked out the bathroom window to find Zoey looking up at me with that, I'm busy don't bug me look, on her face and the very tip of her tail slowly waving back and forth. This is our little white tiger's hunting stance. I knew something was about to have a very bad day. I closed the shade and hoped for the best for whatever she was after, but Zoey won. When me and the girls got back from Shaws, Mia and Abby found.... well, lets just say little mickey learned a painful lesson at the Pratt house.

4 comments:

Roller Coaster said...

i love the way you told this!

Moe said...

Thank you!! Really, that mouse should have known better.

Roller Coaster said...

No kidding!!!

Roller Coaster said...

No kidding!!!