Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bridget Jones

I'm sure we've all read this fabulously funny book and thought, gee, she really gets herself into some crazy situations.... that could never really happen. Well, I'm living proof that, yes as a matter of fact, those situations really can happen.

After my last post, it's no surprise that I'm job hunting. This week, I sent my resume to a promising financial company in Portland and got a call back to schedule an interview. GO ME, I thought..... Then, I re listened to the message to take down the name and number of the guy scheduling the interview. And that is where it all came crashing down. Upon re listening to the message, I realized that the name and voice sounded familiar. Turns out, that this company is run by my ex boyfriend, Kevin, and his father and brother. Oh, but wait... it gets better. This particular ex boyfriend cheated on me ... while I had mono... and got the girl pregnant... oh yeah, and they ended up getting married after he broke up with me. (FYI, they are now divorced- surprise, surprise) After thinking it over all day, I decided to just let it go and not call back. BUT, he called again wanting to schedule an interview. Go figure, the ONE company fight to get me in for an interview... What are the odds?? So, I realized that I was going to need to call him to let him know that I would NOT be interviewing with the company. So, I mustered up all the courage and patients I could and called. Before he could say to much, I said my maiden name is King... umm, don't you, err, umm, remember me? *awkward pause* Umm, we dated? OHHHHHH he says... After even more awkward small talk, I say..Umm, yeah I don't think I'll be interviewing with you, but thanks anyway.

The really kicker here is that he wants me to think about it. Yeah, I'll pass.

5 comments:

Crafty Mama said...

DO NOT under ANY circumstances take that interview!!!

From now on I'm going to call you Bridget :)

Roller Coaster said...

this particular post should be the definition of the word "irony." kevin... is kevin... (i won't go on as he isn't worth it). i bet good old dad would remember you - and even fondly! in the end, though, you come out on top just like bridget because kevin looks like an idiot and you continue blithely on your way...

Moe said...

Yeah, but Kevin, albeit because of dear old dad, has an investment company and I'm still working my crappy job that I was working when we were dating... nearly 10 years ago. UGH. I really want to bang my head against the wall until I pass out.... on second though, maybe drinking until I pass out would be a better idea.

Sickofitcindy said...

Maybe it's time to leave Maine?

Moe said...

YES! It is definitely time to leave ME!!! But, I'd have my Bridget Jones moments anywhere.